Thursday, July 30, 2009

A New Beginning......



Today is a new day. I am beginning a new endeavor which was meant to be fully underway at this point. You see, my son, Matthew "gave" me a blog he'd set up for me for Christmas last year. He thought of me as "Southern Hospitality in Northeastern Ohio!" This was Matthew's description of me and he thought I should share my insights with those who share my passion for hospitality and home and all things related to them. I could not have been more honored or pleased!
(This photo was taken of Matthew with Melody Mouse, his favorite Christmas decoration and toy since he was a toddler!)

I immediately began writing (it was Christmas Eve) and posted my first thoughts. Then, I found myself lost in his senior year in high school, with all the tasks, plans and emotions that went with it. That was seven months ago. Now, I am again lost, with just 3 weeks away from Matthew's departure to college. I am again occupied with the tasks, plans and emotions associated with this huge next step for our only child. So.....to save my sanity (not to mention that of my son and husband, Ken), I have decided to embrace the gift my son gave me and share my thoughts with those who also have a 'Heart for Hospitality'. Join me, won't you?

No comments: