Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Drying Tree Hydrangeas




Does anyone know anything about drying tree hydrangeas? We have a tree in our backyard (right outside our breakfast room and dining room) just full of white blooms that are beginning to turn pink. They are beautiful! One branch is nearly touching the ground this year! I've never tried to dry these, but I have tried - and not very successfully, I might add - to dry the bush variety.

I understand the blooms need to age slightly on the vine before harvesting. I tried that with my other hydrangeas, but still the blooms wilted after a few days. Any suggestions? I'd love to hear your comments, as I LOVE hydrangeas and have silk ones all over the house! I'd love to add some dried ones, too.

p.s. If you click on the photo on the left to enlarge it, you can see Jeffrey Bob, looking on! ;-)

No comments: